The clock tower, was originally a defensive system of Castelnuovo. Because of conflicts that involved the area near the tower the walls of the Castle were strengthened and extended again on some sides. Other works of fortification was carried out in 1526 when the Governing Authority, decided to reinforce the walls with the construction of seven towers, one of which is precisely the current bell tower . Ceased any defensive function, the walls and towers were finally demolished in the late 18th century to make way for the impressive building of the Villa Chigi Saracini. The current tower which was converted into a Bell Tower was adapted for the home of the keeper of the villa.
Sundays and holidays: from 9 – 12, from April to September and from October to March 10 – 13 hours
On other days, on request to the Association Quinquatrus,
Price: 2 euro (1 euro for residents)
+39 0577 351337