The ancient castle of Casole d’Elsa is remembered from the beginning of the 11th century as an important landmark of the Bishops of Volterra.
Passed under the domination of Siena following the battle of Montaperti (1260), the village was expanded with new fortifications with a particular structure that still characterizes it.
Monuments and landmarks
-Archaeological Museum and collegiate church
–Church of San Niccolò
–Collegiate Church of Santa Maria Assunta