Chiesa di Sant’Ansano a Dofana

The earliest record of an oratory dedicated to Sant’Ansano is contained in a deed of donation made by count Winigis to the Abbey of Berardenga at its founding in 867. In the early 16th century the chapel was ruined and between 1507 and 1508 Bishop of Arezzo consented to a rebuilding. Was so made the chapel located just a few hundred metres from the Church.
La prima testimonianza sull’esistenza di un oratorio dedicato a Sant’Ansano è contenuta in un atto di donazione fatto dal conte Winigis alla badia della Berardenga in occasione della sua fondazione nel 867. All’inizio del XVI secolo l’oratorio era ormai in rovina e tra il 1507 e il 1508 il vescovo di Arezzo acconsentì ad una riedificazione. Venne cosi realizzata la cappella situata a poche centinaia di metri dalla chiesa.